Massage has become popular than ever in recent times because everyone wants to match-up to the pace of life. In the process of keeping the pace, one goes through a lot of stress and tension. More often than not, mind as well as body gets fatigued and exhausted.
Massage therapy history dates back thousands of years to ancient cultures that believed in its medical benefits. The first written records of massage therapy are found in China and Egypt. Considering the long history of massage, its incorporation into Western medicine is only in its infancy. The potential for growth and research of the healing properties of therapeutic massage and body work has gained great momentum over the last fifty years, and the public demand for massage therapy is at an all-time high.
Why Massage Therapy is Popular
• It Is Relaxing – When the body is tense and under stress, it produces unhealthy levels of the well-known stress hormone, cortisol, which can contribute to weight gain, sleeplessness, digestive problems, and headaches. Massage therapy has proven its metal been shown to decrease cortisol levels in the body. This enables the body to enter a recovery mode. Moreover, this form of therapy also triggers lasting feelings of relaxation, improved mood, and reduced stress levels.
• It Enhances Correct Body Posture – Many people experience back, neck, and muscle pain from a variety of sources. Poor posture is the primary cause of this pain. In fact, chronic back pain, which is the prime reason for missed work days. It is often the result of incorrect or poor posture while standing or sitting.
Massage therapy can help get the body back into proper alignment by improving one’s posture. It is the most beneficial and relaxing aspects of massage therapy. This allows the body to position itself in the correct and pain-free posture. The joints have greater freedom, flexibility, range of motion, and pressure points are relieved with the help of the massage therapy.
• It Helps in Relaxation of Muscles – The massage therapy targets body’s pain by eliminating tense muscles, increasing flexibility, and providing relaxation to the affected muscles as well as the body as a whole. It also promotes circulation to the affected or injured muscles, which increases nutrients and oxygen to the damaged tissues. The increases circulation reduces stiffness and swelling of the muscles and joints. Massage also releases the pain-killing hormones, endorphins which relaxes and relieves the body. These hormones assist the body, physically as well as emotionally. They promote healing, pain management, and feelings of euphoria, as well as help to calm the nerves.
• Help Lower Blood Pressure – Massage sessions have been found to reduce blood pressure levels. Some studies have shown that a consistent massage can reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. It also reduces the cortisol levels of the body. Regular massage sessions can also reduce the sources for anxiety, hostility, tension, and depression. Adequate blood pressure levels can also reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, kidney failure and many other health issues.
• It Reduces Stress – A massage therapy helps with stress relief. Regular massage sessions over a prolonged period of time can boost energy levels, reduce pain, and stimulate individuals on physical as well as emotional levels.
The Last Bit
There is no doubt that Massage therapy is hugely beneficial. One can go to a massage centre or can opt for an Outcall Massage in London. For a relaxing experience, one can visit or book an appointment with the Ultimate Tantric London. Let the expert hands work their magic on your body and give you the relaxation from any pain or stress.